Friday, April 30, 2010

A Wolf in Rams Territory

Being a Wolfpack fan isn't always easy (psst, we got CJ) Basketball season is over. Football season is six months away. But when some of my favorite restaurants are in Chapel Hill, I put rivalry aside and focus on the food. Except at Town Hall Grill in Southern Village. There's enough Carolina blue jerseys and other paraphernalia on the walls to make the hairs stand up on the back of the neck of any self-respecting Packbacker.

This evening we met friends there and had a great time talking, dining and watching the sunset on the outdoor patio.

As always, the food was excellent. This is an establishment, like others I have reviewed, where we have never had a bad meal. Tonight we had onion strings appetizer, thinly slice quick fried strings of delicate "OHN-YON"-as my favorite cajun chef Justin Wilson would say. This was followed with lightly breaded fish and chips (we substituted delicious grilled asparagus). Ask for the remoulade sauce, delicious! Add a couple of glasses of wine and the evening was complete. Only problem was they don't have my favorite chardonnay - Sonoma Cutrer any more, boo!

As we drove away, my stomach was very happy - and my neck hairs finally relaxed.

1 comment: